Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Mystery of the Blue Footprints

January 3, 2011: It is nearly the one year anniversary of my blog so I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the past year. 2010 was a year of change for me in many ways. My blog documented most of those changes and it fun for me to be able to look back at my writing from the past year. I wanted to honor my one year mark by re-posting one of my favorite first posts below. 


The Mystery of the Blue Footprints

As I was making lunch yesterday, unbeknownst to me, a mystery was brewing in my house. All was quiet around the house. That should have been my first clue that something was amiss.
As I was finishing up with lunch I called to the kids to get ready to eat. At that point I looked down into our family room and saw the evidence of some kind of foul play.
This is what I saw in the hallway.

The crime scene in the family room was even more terrible. Blue ink was everywhere! I used my expert mommy investigative skills to figure out the culprit was Mason. He had the blue feet to prove my suspicions. Not to mention his blue hands too.
Apparently while I thought Mason was playing with legos he was being "artistic" but his creativity went a bit too far. He found a blue stamp pad with some art supplies and decided that his hands and feet made the best stamps of all - unfortunately he didn't stamp on paper. He stamped all over the family room carpet and even the couch. Thank God that the geniuses who make art supplies for kids have come up with washable ink. It took quite a lot of scrubbing and a run with the carpet cleaner, but we eventually got all of the blue ink out of the carpet and off of the couch.
Two important mommy life lessons were learned in the solving of this mystery.
#1 Don't trust a quiet three year-old.
#2 Don't leave art supplies within said three year-old's reach.
All in a days work as Detective Mommy!

Participating in Mailbox Monday.

2 comments:

BrettBMartin said...

LOL. This could quite easily have been my house!!

I'm stopping by from Mailbox Monday- I'm GFC following and confirmed email subscriber now

www.mamalovesherbargains.com

Grace Matthews said...

Ha too funny

Fellow Blog Hopper:)

Post a Comment