Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Recipe of the day: Grandma's Pasta Sauce

The Nourishing Gourmet hosts a Pennywise Platter Thursday recipe exchange and I thought that this simple, delicious recipe would be a great one to share.

For Christmas gifts two years ago I complied a whole bunch of our favorite family recipes and made a cookbook for my extended family. My aunt was able to get my grandma's recipe box for me (without telling Grandma so she could be surprised) and I found this tomato sauce recipe. My grandma, being a little old Italian lady, has a classic approach to making a great sauce for any pasta. Thanks Grandma!

Pasta Sauce
1/4 c. olive oil
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 - 28 oz. can peeled tomatoes
Fresh basil & oregano
Salt & pepper

In a large pot, saute garlic and onions in olive oil. Add tomatoes, cook for at least 20 minutes (can simmer longer). Season to taste with salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Serve over 1 lb. pasta cooked al dente and top with grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment