Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Biggest Loser Challenge

I have been a fan of the Biggest Loser for several years. It is an entertaining show and inspiring for anyone who has ever had weight issues.


During the last season I was pregnant and happily sat on the couch eating my snacks cheering on the contestants. Now, jump ahead several months - watching the new season premier Tuesday night I realized that I can no longer sit on the couch veggin' out watching other people become fit and healthy.

It's my turn to be a Big Loser!

I am going to take my own Biggest Loser challenge during the 11th season of the show. My goal is to lose these last 30 pounds of baby weight that I've been carrying around. I will report back here every Tuesday, just like the Biggest Loser contestants do on the show each week.

I don't have time for hours in the gym every day and I don't have the trainers, Bob and Jillian, yelling at me but I do have my own determination to get healthy and finally get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. (That is pre-pregnancy from my daughter who is now 6 years old. These pounds have hung on through my other two pregnancies but now it's time to say good bye.)

I'm not as brave as the Biggest Loser contestants: I would never want to be weighed on national television in just spandex and a sports bra, but I will use their bravery as my inspiration.

If anyone else is interested in joining me I would love to have the support and comradery.  It won't be easy but we can do it!

My first steps are:
1. Exercise everyday (as much as I can, even just for a few minutes).
2. Cut out late night snacks.

Next Tuesday I'll report back on my progress. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment