Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Homemade Hot Wheels Birthday Cake

My big boy had his 4th birthday recently and he requested a Hot Wheels cake. (Then the day before his birthday he asked for a Spiderman cake but it was too late. Oh well.) 


So I decided to attempt to make and decorate my own cake. I made a two layer vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. 


The only real problem came when I tried to remove one layer from the pan and it stuck. I guess I didn't grease the pan well enough. One corner of the cake crumbled. I had to think quick....so I turned that crumbled, sagging corner into a grassy hill. No one even noticed. Score one for me! 




I'd say the cake turned out fine but it was a far cry from looking professional. That's okay though, because all that really mattered to Mason was that he got to blow out the candles and eat tons of frosting.




This post is participating in Friday Follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment