Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thoughts on birthdays

What are birthdays like when you're a mom?

Birthdays have taken on a whole new meaning at this point in my life. I can remember counting down the days until my special day and looking forward to presents and a party. Gone are the days of piles of presents and balloons and sleep-overs with giggling girlfriends. Now I enjoy my birthday by spending some special time with my husband and kids; and instead of presents and a party I look forward to relaxing and going out to dinner (no dishes, yeah!).

Moms of young kids spend their birthdays changing diapers, running errands, doing laundry, feeding children, and picking up toys, among many other chores...but they also spend their birthdays wrapped in big hugs, enjoying homemade cards, and being told, "I love you SO much, Mama!"


So here's to my 34th year being the best one yet! Even though the magical excitement of birthdays has long since vanished it's still a day to reflect on the many blessings in my life. Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment