Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love the movie

I watched the movie adaptation of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love with my best friend last night. We had been looking forward to seeing the movie since we heard about it a few months ago. We were even more excited after seeing Julia Roberts on Oprah, but I had to wonder: would the movie live up to the hype?

We were not disappointed. The movie was wonderful, although as usual not quite as good as the book. But really, has there ever been a movie that meets up to the book it is based on? This one gets close.

After watching Eat, Pray, Love I feel compelled to smile from my liver, as Ketut tells Liz to do, and live a more balanced life.

I can't travel around the world for the next year, like Elizabeth Gilbert, but I can take my own spiritual journey to find myself right here at home. I'm going to start with enjoying the happy moments with my kids more and staying calm during the not-so-happy moments. Living in the present and finding joy in the small, everyday things is my goal.

What a pleasure it was to read an inspiring book and then see it played out so well on the screen. Bravo to Eat, Pray, Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment